Wednesday 23 November 2011

I've Felt Better!


Not such a good day today - I think my contact lenses were in the wrong way!! I had a feeling of eyestrain but my vision was ok, so I wasn't to sure.  Also I was very bloated and uncomfortable.  I don't know if this was the rice the night before.  Also have some spots.. bad, bad, bad!!  I have read other blogs where reports of feeling rotten just after diet change is quite commone.  I thought a raw diet might not have this side effect.  I don't yet have that rush of energy I keep hearing about either.  Maybe that takes a while to kick in.

I did a good clean out of the kitchen worktops today.  As the kitchen is open plan the breakfast counter is a magnet for all sorts of rubbish, odd and ends, kids stuff etc.  It's now clear and the toaster has been moved out of the food prep area, and the juicer has taken it's place, next to the food processor and kettle.  The breadmaker is still out - I don't want to give up home baked bread.  I might use it to make yeast free breads :).  It's all looking much clearer and fresher, and I'm more inclined to use some of the gadgets that were skulking around in cupboards unused.

Foody wise, totally vegan today, 80% raw :)
  • Coffee - oops.. I had two! 
  • Raw Cashews - didn't soak these - I tried them soaked and they were horrible... soft and no crunch with no taste, yeugh!  These were sweet and crunchy.  I guess without skins on they shouldn't need soaking.
  • Late lunch salad - all raw and mostly pH good - shredded cabbage, sprouted alfalfa, red pepper, grated carrot, tomato, and more cashews, and topped off with some delish olive pate again.  Dressed with a splash of olive oil and apple cider vinegar dressing.  Ace!  Rather late as I had a meeting in the city.  Managed to overcome the temptation to buy a sandwich while there!  My colleague bought a chicken burger and chips and wasn't very impressed.  I just sympathised!! ;)  I never push foodie beliefs on anyone - I laugh when people call my salad 'rabbit food'!
  • Leftover Risotto with extra raw pepper, tomato and alfalfa.  I warmed it a little - hope this was ok from a safety point of view!  Had to be quick, my son and I were off to take our Skipper's Ticket theory exam so we can drive a boat (it's a legal requirement in this country!)... eek!
Have a great day x

No comments:

Post a Comment